Matt has been with Sanders Plumbing for a year and a half. He is optimistic and funny, and he always goes above and beyond to find creative solutions. He met Pete & Vickie at networking meetings when he was working in sales and marketing, and decided to change directions and pursue a career in plumbing.
1. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you on the job?
Lately, it has been watching my crewmate fit inside wall cavity to run water lines. Most of our men are big and brawny, but he is quite thin so we call him “Bones.” He can fit into places the rest of us can not.
2. What is the worst nightmare plumbing job you have ever completed?
That would have to be the time we were digging up sewer main when a contractor for another company ran into the cleanout with his machinery. This created what is known as the “Poocano” that shot about 10-20 feet in the air, and filled the entire trench with waste water. It was pretty terrifying.
3. If you were a plumbing tool, which one would you be, and why?
I would be pair of channel locks since they are so versatile.
4. Which jobs have you held in the past and how did you become a plumber?
I was previously in sales and advertising and wanted something different.
5. What do you believe makes a successful company?
Having a good team that stands behind each other and helps each other.